We at KNOWARTH are excited to announce that our latest innovative and flexible plugin “Jasper Report” has been published on Liferay marketplace. This plugin has been developed by our experienced Liferay exerts that are few of the best Liferay experts providing Liferay Consulting Services across the world. This plugin can be customized to meet various organizational analysis and reporting requirements. Jasper is the most popular Open Source reporting engine for most developers and entrepreneurs, which can deliver rich content onto the screen, to the printer or into PDF, HTML, XLS, CSV and XML files.
However, there were some teething issues with current Liferay report admin portlet that was hampering developer’s abilities to reach gold standards. It caused deviances of errors and consumed lot of time navigating through these issues.
Our plugin is aimed at solving all these troubles like:
- Report Admin portlet in Liferay is sensitive and users need to navigate different pages to upload and download reports with jrxml files.
- Less user-friendly due to multi-level complexities of upload/download of files
- Manually Typing Keys and other parameters increase possibility of errors in reports
- In Liferay’s Report admin portlet we must add parameter like key and type manually so it will be prone to errors.
- Visibility of all the definitions of based on permissions is challenging
- In Liferay’s Report admin portlet all definitions are not visible to base on permissions
- Jasper report plugin is configurable in which you can choose definition based on role’s view permission.
- Parameters will be fetched automatically from the jrxml file and it will generate input elements based on selected jrxml bypassing the need to add key and type of parameters manually.
- Jasper Report Plugin is highly user-friendly as it allows generation and downloading of reports from a single page.
- Accessibility and control of the plugin is secure as it provisions Liferay Report Admin Portlet to Allow and Deny access based on jrxml file definitions.
- Jasper report plugin is accessible to any user so only admin needs to add definitions(jrxml) from Liferay Report Admin Portlet.
Steps for Configuration:
Step 1: Please download lpkg or jar files of Liferay reports plugin from below URL
Step 2: Copy the downloaded lpkg or jar files into deploy folder of liferay tomcat.
Step 4: Copy the Jasper Report Jars file in deploy folder of Tomcat Application Server.
Step 5: Now, add definition from Configuration > Report Admin Portlet.
Step 6: Navigate to “Configuration” in Jasper Report plugin, where you can select definition based on role’s view permission.
Step 7: After Selecting definition you can download and preview report.
Samir Bhatt, Director and co-founder is elated with this news and said, ÔÇ£We at KNOWARTH a leader in Liferay Portal Development is really happy to see our developers coming up with solutions like this plugin that will aid Liferay developers circumvent pain issues. With this plugin we hope that our contribution towards Liferay community will grow. Im sure our Liferay developers will come up with many other solutions to deliver best Digital Experience Platform to enterprises.
in published in the Liferay marketplace and hope to continue seeing them with latest development like these.
You can download the plugin directly from here.
NOTE: You can Preview report in case of only data not for charts and graphs.