- Gives total control over your phone
- Become a Developer for Android Apps
- Run multiple ROMs and OS anytime
- Change UI and Skins of your Android device
- Receive OTA and other Android OS updates instantly
- Not recommended by Manufacturers and carriers
- Voids Warranty of your Android Phone
- Inherently Technical and Risky Process
- Malfunctions will turn your device into a Brick
Why people Root their Android devices?
Despite these big risks, people still go ahead and Root their devices to open their devices to unlock Android device’s deep potentials for further application and user experience developments. Simply becoming a super user and show how cool their phones are, which run multiple OS, look different and feel different.
What is rooting android mobile?
You can replace your firmware, overclock or underclock processors, and subvert all the restrictions applied by your carrier and manufacturer.
By rooting android device, you will get full control over the device. You can install the custom ROMS and can use extra features.
How to Root an Android device?
Follow these simple steps to Root your Android device. (This trick works on most Android devices)
1. Download and install the Framaroot-1.9.3.apk (1.25MB) app from www.xda-developers.com
2. Choose “install Superuser” option inside Framaraoot
3. Select any of the method that appears in the app and wait for some time
4. If you get success message than your device is rooted
You can also try below method.
Root using recovery mode
- Download Update.zip file (Hint: Search on google, Ex. root with update.zip file)
- Move downloaded file to SD Cardand Switch of your Phone
- Enter in Recovery Mode (Press Home + Power Key)
- Press volume keys to go up and down and press home key for selection
- Click “Apply update from SD Card”
- Select update.zip file
- Wait 5 seconds, it will show you the message “Successfully completed”
- Select REBOOT Device
- Check Supper User App in your applications, If it is found than you have successfully rooted your phone
Just so you know, these would work for most devices, some devices may have different settings for Root, so please check individual settings while rooting process is on. Try XDA developer forum for help if you face any difficulties.
I am an experienced Android Developer with over 7 years of experience in design, development, deployment and maintenance of single-page and multi-layered android applications from Ecommerce portals to Enterprise apps. Feel free to ask questions in the comments box below and I will get back to you shortly.