UX & UI Process
1. Requirement Understanding
Requirement understanding helps us to understand the product / project needs & goals. For requirements to be effectively
implemented and measured, they must be specific, unambiguous and clear.
- • Interviews
- • Business understanding
- • Usability goals
- • Gap assessment
Research helps us to identify and prove or disprove the assumptions, find commonalities across the target audience and recognize their needs, goals and mental models.It informs our work, improves our understanding and validates the decisions.
- • Defining primary target users
- • Building personas
- • User Profiling
- • Surveys
- • Developing Mental Models
3. Information Architecture
Information architecture is creating a structure for a website, application or other project, that allows to understand where we are as users and the information we want is in relation to our position.
- • Content Inventory
- • Analyze existing content with user personas
- • Create checklist for existing content
- • Design new architect based on user need and business need
- • Test the architecture with user personas using card Sorting techniques or interactive prototypes iterate based on user feedback
Prototype & Wireframe
4. Prototype & Wireframe
During the phase of prototyping & wire-framing, the hierarchy of items is defined on a screen and communicated what the items on that page should be based on user needs. It helps to explore ideas before implementing them by creating a Visual of the product.
- • Flow diagram
- • Collaborate with content strategists
- • Design the content structure, layout & interaction.
- • Receive feedback for the design prototype
- • Sharing & explaining designs early and often with the entire team
5. Visual Design
Visual design engages users by drawing attention to the correct functionality, prioritizing tasks on a page through size, color, and the use of whitespace and even increasing brand recall through the use of visual cues.
- • Collaborate with visual designers
- • Define style guide
- • Share the visual design with user personas for feedback
- • Define components interaction & behavior
6. UI Development
- • Define and decide UI Architecture & UI Frameworks
- • Theme/Layout creation
- • UI Integration (Create Pages/Content)
- • Client side validation/Implement Business logic
- • Standard Compliance (W3C, WCAG, Accessibility)
- • SEO Compliance
- • Browser & Platform Compatibility
- • Mobile Device Compatibility
- • Code review & optimization
Analytics & Usability Testing
7. Analytics & Usability Testing
Initiating by identifying how many users visit the site daily and which pages are the most popular. This gives an overview of how people are using the site or the application. Then proceed to identifying potential problem areas.
- • Working closely with analytics team
- • Run usability tests
- • Usability testing with user personas for final feedback