Portal upgrade dilemma? 7 reasons why Liferay DXP is the best option
As per a recent survey, 56% companies view customer experience as the most important factor in their digital strategy and a whopping 65% said they will ensure mobility integration to their digital platforms and technology.
Enterprises are looking for a technology that can deliver the results, bring forward digitization and improve collaboration among various stakeholders. Moreover, a technology that can integrate their legacy systems and databases while Portal upgrade and migration to new software is a must. For them, a seamless and streamlined business operation is a case for survival and not merely a requirement.
So, a million-dollar question is asked, is it really that hard to find a technology that fulfils all these requirements? Well, not anymore. Liferay has provided an Enterprise Solution for companies to upgrade and migrate their portals. It has rich features and easy-to-use plugins that help deliver an end-to-end digital experience.
Most enterprises live in a dilemma as to which technology they should choose to develop enterprise portals. As most technologies offer one feature and leave out the other function that is critical for their needs. Some offer viable options but the development of different components chip away resources and costs. Some fulfill their technical requirements but the costs to implement them are astronomical.
Some of their worries are:
What is the cost of Portal Upgrade?
When will my portal upgrade project get completed?
How much does a portal upgrade and migration project costs?
Do they have enough manpower and expertise to execute sensitive portal migration?
Will it integrate with my old systems and process architecture?
Liferay DXP is built to cater immersive digital experiences. It helps them garner more favorable and loyal customers and create a brand following due to the great customer experience. Moreover, it helps companies streamline business processes and conquer digital touchpoints with valid data inputs. It helps create more agile businesses and manage customer lifecycle across all business channels.
Flexible Architecture: It allows transformation with complete adaptation to digital transformation. Capability to reuse components and easy integration with legacy systems make it a comprehensive digital experience platform.
Complete Enterprise Solution: Liferay provides multiple touch-points to deliver consistent digital experiences. It has the adaptability to offer various solutions for Intranet, websites, portals etc. that nurture and expand businesses. Moreover, it easily integrates with different technologies like PHP, .NET, C+ and Java. Missing any component, an enterprise has multiple options to develop their own custom plugins using Liferay community and developers.
Multi-audience reach: DXP is not only built for the customers but also for other stakeholders like managers, partners, community holders and other people to collaborate, share and maintain communication easily. This is the reason it is considered one of the best platforms to build an intranet portal for businesses.
What are the challenges of Portal upgrade and how Liferay DXP solves them?
Upgrading a business solution stack ensures continuity with digital strategy. It also envisions same technology ecosystem to migrate enterprise portals with compatible data systems. Every business routinely upgrades and migrate their portals, software and platforms to ensure they are secure, integrated and receive advanced features for easy task management.
The Goal of every portal upgrade is to streamline workflow and business processes. But, pitfalls remain. And they look overwhelming when not met with objectives of the task.
1. Operation Continuity: Businesses thrive on continued business operations. Any disruption in business processes will mean financial and value losses. This is the single biggest factor that dissuades businesses from upgrading their old non-functional portals.
Solution: Liferay DXP upgrade is known for minimal intervention during portal migration and upgrade project implementations. It provisions for easy back and recovery of data, systems, plugins and workflows during the system mapping that mitigates hiccups during the migration process.
2. Return on investment: Decision makers want to know about the return on investment whether it is large technology upgrade or small plugin development. They have to see a realization of their business and processes for guaranteed returns or enhancements to current processes.
Solution:Liferay Portal Development project can commence and complete without incurring any license costs. It has the total lowest cost of ownership in the entire technology landscape.
3. Features and Functionalities: Which features to include while upgrading old portals and inclusion if certain functionalities without hindering the entire migration of the project is a critical question that comes up in every portal migration and upgrade project. And this becomes a bone of contention among management, development and operation silos without an end.
Solution: With Liferay, these issues do not arise. It has multiple built-in plugins, portlets and functions that can be easily integrated without affecting any existing platform or data. Moreover, adding other out-of-box features and plugins to add value to the Liferay Upgrade portal is easy and done rapidly.
4. Improvements: What happens after the portal has been upgraded or migrated from other technology? Will the business be able to optimize its usage? OR will there be any scope for improvements in the current architecture or for changes due to user experience? These questions bug every business analyst and managers alike.
Solution:Liferay DXP comes equipped to handle all these complex issues. It has provisions to allow changes, improvements in both design and coding, and user experience upon requirements posed post portal migration.
5. Integration and Implementation: Worries of integration of legacy systems, data and cross-platform is huge and finding an amicable solution is a big task. It is made complicated when new request to merge obsolete technologies or business practices to continue with new portals.
Solution: Liferay has a unique advantage as it allows for easy integration with all modern and legacy technologies like .NET, Java, PHP, C+ etc. Moreover, it’s dynamic structure allows it to merge, collate and integrate databases and features of existing systems easily on its digital experience platform.
6. Future developments: No business is perfect and runs without changes. So, one of the major issues is will the new portal upgrade envisage future developments that might come both in terms of business models and policies. Also, will the technology sustain itself in rapidly changing tech landscape?
Solution: Liferay 7 has a robust Liferay community that solves major technology hurdles with great collaborations to solve business-critical issues. Moreover, it regularly releases the latest version to include new functions, plug loopholes and create security apparatus for existing Liferay portal users.
7. Technology Partner: This is also a deciding factor for portal upgrade projects. A technology partner that is available to tackle all issues pertaining to Liferay Portal Upgrade and migration is a must for business. Moreover, availability of experienced and expert developers is also essential while selecting both technology and awarding the project.
Solution: Liferay has stitched partner network across the globe. Their partners not only employ and train developers but also certify them once they are able to meet Liferay criteria for certified users. This not only builds some great community partnerships but also enhances trust among technology enthusiasts and enterprises.
KNOWARTH Technologies is a platinum partner of Liferay in India. We have assisted more than 100 clients including many Fortune 500 clients with Liferay Enterprise Solutions. We have so far implemented more than 15 Liferay Portal Upgrade and Migration projects with complete success and client satisfaction in both end results and technology solution we have offered.
https://www.knowarth.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Liferay-DXP-Enterprise-Solutions.jpg4001140Chintan Mehtahttps://www.knowarth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/knowarth-logo.pngChintan Mehta2018-05-28 11:38:592018-05-28 11:56:30Liferay Enterprise Solutions - Building Digital Workplaces by One Brick at a time
https://www.knowarth.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Human-Resource-Management-Software-Development.jpg4001140Chintan Mehtahttps://www.knowarth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/knowarth-logo.pngChintan Mehta2018-05-04 18:07:392018-05-04 18:07:39Top tips to consider for Human Resource Management Software Development
https://www.knowarth.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Features-of-Liferay-Portal-Development.jpg4001140Chintan Mehtahttps://www.knowarth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/knowarth-logo.pngChintan Mehta2018-04-27 13:07:402018-05-14 11:47:3412 Must have features of Liferay Portal Development
https://www.knowarth.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Liferay-enterprise-solutions.jpg4001140Chintan Mehtahttps://www.knowarth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/knowarth-logo.pngChintan Mehta2018-04-20 16:32:482018-04-20 16:32:48Going beyond Portal Development - How Liferay enhances the productivity of enterprises?
https://www.knowarth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Hospital-Management-System-with-Secure-Mobile-Application.jpg6571920KNOWARTH Adminhttps://www.knowarth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/knowarth-logo.pngKNOWARTH Admin2016-12-30 17:41:182017-01-27 22:48:33Hospital Management System with Secure Mobile Application